With Christmas just around the corner, I’ve been checking Mark’s closet to ensure he has some festive attire for his first holiday season. We have a number of celebrations planned for Mark’s First Christmas like exploring the Christmas Markets in Germany & Austria, family celebrations in Texas, Christmas dinner in New Jersey, and our first family photoshoot since Mark’s newborn pictures many many months ago, we had to pick up a few new winter pieces. Ranging from family Christmas pajamas to sweater rompers and a velvet overall outfit, I’m sharing my favorite Mark’s holiday outfits for Mark!
I tried to be practical when it came to Mark’s first holiday attire. I did end up splurging on one fancy outfit for Christmas dinner but, tried to be smart with the rest of the purchases. I opted for some sweater rompers & coveralls which will work perfectly for the rest of the winter season and get lots of wears. Since I kept Mark’s outfits more neutral, I did have fun with his loungewear like some striped PJs and penguin sweatpants 🙂 So what does Mark have in his closet for the holidays…
- Blue Velvet Overalls. I splurged on these (I did score it for 50% off so look out for sales!) and am so happy I did. IIt it currently waiting for us in New Jersey and I can’t wait to put Mark into it. I love the blue, as it is festive for Christmas but also works for the rest of winter. I ended up purchasing myself a velvet dress for Christmas dinner and can’t wait to be twinning with my mini!
- Sweater Romper. This neutral grey sleeveless romper is perfect for all climates. And they are currently super on sale! Since we’ll be spending time in Houston, we needed a few options incase it was warm in December. This romper can be layered with any type of shirt or sweater so it can transition from warm southern temps to the colder Northeast. I also love how Hanna Andersson outfits can be cuffed (as Mark is currently wearing them) meaning you can get extra wear out of their outfits!
- Sweater Coverall. I love this cute cable-knit sweater one piece. It is super cozy (all cotton) and perfect for any holiday party. Gap runs great sales starting next week for Thanksgiving so be sure to add this to your list! Ours is a color-block version from last year, but they do have solids still available!
- A Thick Holiday Cardigan. We had our friends pick up this beautiful Irish cardigan in Dublin earlier this year. I love how thick and cozy it is. I also think Mark looks so grown up in his little sweater and dark denim jeans! This Ralph Lauren one is as close as I could find to our Irish one.
- Comfy Festive Lounge Set. I wanted Mark to have some thicker sweatpants for winter and these festive reversible penguin pants & sweater are perfect. They reverse to a velour blue & white stripe too!
- Matching Family Pajamas. My family has been wearing these PJs on Christmas for the last few years. Even our dog has a matching pair lol! We obviously had to get Mark a set for this year. We stick with the classic stripes ( red for the girls, green for the boys). As Hanna carries them every holiday season, we’ll definitely be continuing this tradition as our family grows!
- Festive Shoes. I always like to have one pair of fun shoes and these forest green moccasins add a touch of festive cheer to any outfit. Freshly Picked is starting their annual Holiday Sale next week so you can score these for 25% off all week long!
What do you have for your little ones over the holiday season? Any must have traditions we should consider? I’m definitely planning to do Elf of the Shelf next year and absolutely can not WAIT to decorate our own home with our very first Christmas tree next year! As for now, I’ll be sticking to finalizing what Mark will have waiting for him under the tree! I’ll be sharing Mark’s gift guide later next week!